xserver-xorg-input-synaptics multiple finger

Kalman KHIRALY khiraly123 at gmx.net
Sat Feb 21 01:50:11 PST 2009

> There's some devices that announce multi-finger capabilities even if they
> don't actualy do multi-finger. This is a kernel bug, fixed in 2.6.29.
> Chances are you have one of them.

Hi!

Linux lamagep 2.6.29-020629rc5-generic #020629rc5 SMP Sun Feb 15
18:53:03 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

I have installed 2.6.29-rc5 on my Ubuntu 9.04-alpha4.

synclient -l shows VertTwoFingerScroll = 1, synclient -m reports only
0 or 1 "f" columns.
So the two finger scrolling is not working. I can set or reset the
VertTwoFingerScroll variable with synclient
just fine.

So Im in the same boat as before. I hoped I couldnt set the two finger
scrolling variable
(because the kernel properly reports the touchpad capabilities).

So I dont know either if it is a hardware limitation or a software
lack of support.

Any more hint?

Best regards,
 Khiraly