GUI is not loading--seems Graphics card is not supporting

sivakumar purushothaman shibv1 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 21 00:57:10 PST 2009

Hi ,

  I have Toshiba Satellite L305-S5907 laptop with Microsoft Vista.I installed Fedora 9 and Susie Linux on my laptop but GUI is not loading on both,system will try to load GUI and showing different colors of lines,spots and screen blinks and goes blank , but desktop is not loading .

Laptop Monitor specification is 15.4” diagonal widescreen TruBrite® TFT LCD display at resolu1280x800 native resolution (WXGA).Seems Xwindows-Graphics card  issue  when trying xterm command from command prompt(console) giving below error.

Xterm -xt error:Can't display

I tried startx command but then also same scenario is happening.Also I edited /etc/X11/Xconfig file to add monitor and screen entries,that also giving same error

>  Graphics Card details

 Mobile Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M with 128MB-1759MB
 dynamically allocated shared graphics memory

 Please help me to  fix it.

Thanks & Regards

Sivakumar.p
Wipro Technologies