Xvesa black magic

William Tracy afishionado at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 12:30:57 PST 2009

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 3:32 AM, René Rebe <rene at exactcode.de> wrote:
> I first had to fix some xext related regressions in T2 (you probably noticed
> the commits?). Now all is done except the kdrive server, as the new xorg-
> server does not want o configure without GL support :-(
>
> I mainly was too saturated with work this week.I hope to trackle GL-less
> xorg-server for kdrive builds later this weekend.

Yeah, I had that exact problem. I would have fixed it myself by now,
but autotools scares me. >_<

The new version *does* compile if you do *not* pass the --disable-dri
flag to ./configure, and you have all of GL present at compile-time.

>From the looks of it, there's at least one DRI-related C file (I don't
have it in front of me now--I'd have to do another build to check)
that still tries to build when --disable-dri is given. It then fails
because the DRI header files have been disabled.

I'm sure we only need a one-line change to a configure script somewhere.

--
William Tracy
afishionado at gmail.com -- wtracy at calpoly.edu
Vice President, Cal Poly Linux Users' Group
http://www.cplug.org

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your
right to say it."
    -- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, frequently mis-attributed to Voltaire