Xorg memory leakage?

Stefano Avallone stavallo at unina.it
Tue Feb 3 09:44:17 PST 2009

Hi all,

I'm using xorg packages from experimental (xserver 1.5.99.901, libdrm 2.4.3,
mesa 7.3-rc3, video-intel 2.6.1) and kde 4.2 (from experimental as well).
I am using UXA+DRI2 and kwin with composite effects enabled.
I am able to suspend and resume without problems.

However, I noticed that the memory usage of Xorg slowly increases. After a
couple of days of usage (with suspend and resume), top shows that the memory
usage of Xorg is around 30% (I have 2GB RAM). At some point, the laptop
becomes very slow, kwin automatically disables effects and I need to restart
the server.

Any advice how I could better debug this issue and provide useful information?

Many thanks in advance,
Stefano