Is xorg-server-1.7.3 necessary to modify to suit FreeBSD?

Wed Dec 23 14:32:23 PST 2009

Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> The X.Org Foundation cannot do that - we do not have the resources to
> test releases on every single version of every OS and distribution out
> there.

I should also note that the X.Org Foundation does have the resources,
thanks to its sponsors and its hosts at Portland State, to operate a
tinderbox service on http://tinderbox.freedesktop.org/ so that those
who do care about ensuring our releases build out of the box on their
platform can do so by setting up one of their machines as a tinderbox
client to build the latest development branches from git.

http://tinderbox.x.org/participate has more information on how to set it up.
(I am admittedly deficient in doing so for the platforms I maintain, but I
 manually build from git fairly often anyways.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com