Pointer Acceleration

Lorenz Ruhmann lorenzruhmann at gmx.de
Sat Dec 19 17:49:28 PST 2009

Simon Thum wrote:

> Essentially, you have done exactly the right thing. Please ensure you
> don't use adaptive deceleration, which would explain that.
>
> You might try using the default profile and xset m 1 0. Technically this
> is polynomial but flat, ruling out adaptive decel.
>
> If the inaccuracy prevails, it would be helpful if you could be more
> descriptive about what's wrong.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Simon

After alternating between the two schemes several times and repeating
specific mouse strokes a few dozen times, I'm getting less and less
convinced that there actually is a difference. Also, considering you say
my settings are correct (I'm not using adaptive deceleration), it might
be a misperception from my side. Thanks for the clarification.