[Patch] Documenting pointer acceleration

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Fri Dec 11 16:39:55 PST 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 09:54:11AM -0500, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> > I'm open to suggestions though, in particular, I'd like to know where
> > people look first when they seek this kind of information.
>
> When I installed xinput, the first thing I did was look at the man
> page.  But it's nearly useless - all it really does is list how the
> commands map onto API functions.  I don't know the XInput API, so most
> of it doesn't mean anything to me.

please don't hesitate to send in a patch to explain things better. man pages
are usually written by developers who understand the context (well, you'd
hope they do). it's not uncommon to find that crucial information is missing
because the developer thought it wasn't necessary to spell it out.

the only way to fix this issue is when others tell us that these bits are
missing though.

mind you, please make sure the following commit is in your tree.
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/xinput/commit/?id=7ecd7d55d7a7ab9f5cea5f34f28c7c221171c2bf

Cheers,
  Peter