radeonhd blank screens

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Dec 7 10:51:58 PST 2009

On Monday 07 December 2009, Goran Gajic wrote:
>For some reason all reports regarding problems with ATI 48xx seems to be
>ignored. I also have ATI, but 4870 chipset and the only solution I have
>come up to was switching to xorg-server 1.4.2. Issue is not OS related
>behaviour is same under Linux and FreeBSD.

FWIW, this is also an ongoing problem for owners of the HD2400 Pro cards,
rv610's I think they are.  It can be triggered by sliding a window to the
right to touch the screen edge, or go completely off it.  Sometimes even just
hitting the edge with the cursor is sufficient.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

The last person who said that (God rest his soul) lived to regret it.