Force destroy Widget

Yann Droneaud ydroneaud at mandriva.com
Wed Dec 2 05:49:44 PST 2009

Le mercredi 02 décembre 2009 à 10:41 +0100, LALLIER Cedric (EXT TEAMLOG)
a écrit :
> Hi,

<disclaimer>I'm not an Xt developer</disclaimer>

> I don’t understand why the old widget is not destroyed.

As explained in the XtDestroyWidget() manpage, destroy is a two phase
operation, eg. the destroy operation is "really" done at the end of
XtDispatchEvent().

Widget name are not unique, so after the second call to
XtVaCreateManagedWidget(), two "test_form" widget exists.

XtNameToWidget() could return any of the child of Root_wid that match
the name "test_form".

BTW, having XtNameToWidget() returning a pending deleted widget is not
something I found to be useful.

Regards

--
Yann Droneaud