[OT] e-mail license

Yann Droneaud ydroneaud at mandriva.com
Wed Dec 2 06:07:50 PST 2009

Hi,

Le mercredi 02 décembre 2009 à 10:41 +0100, LALLIER Cedric (EXT TEAMLOG)
a écrit :

> -------
> Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes sont établis à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires
> et sont confidentiels. L'intégrité de ce message n'étant pas assurée sur Internet, la SNCF ne peut
> être tenue responsable des altérations qui pourraient se produire sur son contenu. Toute
> publication, utilisation, reproduction, ou diffusion, même partielle, non autorisée préalablement
> par la SNCF, est strictement interdite. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce message,
> merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur et de le détruire.

> -------
> This message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressees and are confidential.
> SNCF may not be held responsible for their contents whose accuracy and completeness cannot be
> guaranteed over the Internet. Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, copying, or any part
> thereof is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please
> notify the sender immediately and delete it.

Did you know you're writing to a public mailing list ? So the content of
your mail is not going to be "confidential" and "disclosure,
distribution [and] copying" is going to happen. In fact is already
happened.

This message is disclosed in mailing list archives, like here
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2009-December/048266.html

The license (it seems be a licence: it uses the same wording and sounds
like) seems not adapted for Internet days ...

I hope the SNCF (Société National des Chemins de Fer) is not going to
enforce it ...

For all: is there a policy about it ?

Regards.

--