Icc profile problem

Mathieu Taillefumier mathieu.taillefumier at free.fr
Tue Aug 25 12:03:59 PDT 2009

Hi,
> This is possibly because the atom has been
> renamed from EDID_DATA to EDID. dispwin will catch
> up to this in a future release.

You are right. EDID atom has was changed in the xserver code but doing
the modification in the src code of dispwin does not seem to change
anything about the EDID datas. The EDID atom is declared (I checked it
is defined in the file hw/xfree86/modes/xf86Crtc.c) and effectively
created during the xorg start-up but curiously dispwin is not able to
recover the data after the XinternAtom call.

>> Nothing here indicates a problem, dispwin thinks it set
>> the video luts.
>>
>> You could double check by creating a strange looking calibration:
>>
>> 	synthcal -s 0.7,1.0,0.9 -p 1.7,0.8,0.7 strange
>>
>> and then see if it gets loaded:
>>
>> 	dispwin strange.cal

This does not work at all with the intel drivers but does work with the
nvidia drivers (I have both cards on my laptop). I should indicate that
the nvidia drivers does not support xrand 1.2 which means that dispwin
uses a different process for setting the video LUT load (if i am
correct). So the problem can originate from the some modifications in
the xrandr extension or the intel driver. I will try to compile an older
version of the intel driver to check to narrow the problem before
reporting it.

cheers

Mathieu