Icc profile problem

Graeme Gill graeme2 at argyllcms.com
Mon Aug 17 22:16:53 PDT 2009

Mathieu Taillefumier wrote:

> dispwin -v -E 3 intel-cal.icc
> Checking XRandR 1.2 VideoLUT access
> Display 0 name = ':0.0'
> Unable to intern atom 'EDID_DATA'

This is possibly because the atom has been
renamed from EDID_DATA to EDID. dispwin will catch
up to this in a future release.

> About to open dispwin object on the display
> Opened display OK
> dispwin_get_ramdac called
> Getting gamma using Randr 1.2
> About to set display to given calibration
> dispwin_set_ramdac called
> Setting gamma using Randr 1.2
> Calibration set
> About to destroy dispwin object
> dispwin_del called
> About to close display
> finished

Nothing here indicates a problem, dispwin thinks it set
the video luts.

You could double check by creating a strange looking calibration:

	synthcal -s 0.7,1.0,0.9 -p 1.7,0.8,0.7 strange

and then see if it gets loaded:

	dispwin strange.cal

> I still have no clues how to start searching where the problem is. My
> guess is that some changes have been made in the intel driver that
> breaks icc profile loading but I do not know where to search first.

If the above confirms that the video Lut load is not being honored,
perhaps the best thing to do is to file a bug with xorg.

cheers,

Graeme Gill.