Possible bug with multiple pointing devices

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Wed Aug 12 04:45:45 PDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 08:34:46PM -0400, Joel Feiner wrote:
> I just rebuilt the whole stack.  The issue persists.
>
> Make sure you take exactly the following steps:
> 1) Press and hold the left mouse button with optical mouse, without
> moving the optical mouse or the other mouse
> 2) Start moving the trackpoint...no text will be selected
> 3) Move the optical mouse and text will begin to be selected from where
> the cursor ended up after step 2 (not where the mouse was when the left
> mouse button was originally pressed)
>
> Doing the inverse (converse?) operation starting with the trackpoint
> mouse buttons and then moving the optical mouse has the exact same
> results.
>
> Do you think my config is wrong?  I kind of had to hack the device
> sections so that I could have both trackpoint and USB mouse.

amusing. actually an evdev bug which explains why I didn't reproduce it with
my trackpad + touchpad (synapticd driver).

it works if you click and move device A before moving device B. If you just
click A but dont move, the middle button timer isn't posted to the
server until the next EV_SYN arrives from the device. Introduced with
69d6ff3e01263ce2d52ed18b08f054bf3fdb923c.

Please file a bug for this issue so I don't lose it, just copy/paste this
email into the first comment.

Cheers,
  Peter