Possible bug with multiple pointing devices

Joel Feiner jafeiner at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 17:34:46 PDT 2009

I just rebuilt the whole stack.  The issue persists.

Make sure you take exactly the following steps:
1) Press and hold the left mouse button with optical mouse, without
moving the optical mouse or the other mouse
2) Start moving the trackpoint...no text will be selected
3) Move the optical mouse and text will begin to be selected from where
the cursor ended up after step 2 (not where the mouse was when the left
mouse button was originally pressed)

Doing the inverse (converse?) operation starting with the trackpoint
mouse buttons and then moving the optical mouse has the exact same results.

Do you think my config is wrong?  I kind of had to hack the device
sections so that I could have both trackpoint and USB mouse.

- Joel