New guts in box, including video?

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 21:28:55 PDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 11:17 PM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
> Greetings all;
>
> In my quest to build a box that will run google sketchup, I finally
> threw money at it.
[snip]

> From Xorg.0.log, I learn that this Diamond 2400HD-Pro is an R600
> chipset, and that support is very thin, no accelerations at all.

[snip]

> What is the prognosis for improved or even full support of this card?

There will eventually be full support for r6xx and r7xx hw, but at the
moment we are tied up with the IP review for the documentation
release.  Internally we have basic stuff like triangles and textures
working, so as soon as everything gets signed off on, we should be
able to push out some basic 3D demos and soon after basic accel (EXA,
textured video).

If you need acceleration in the meantime, your card should work fine
with the AMD proprietary driver.

Alex