what card is well supported? recommendations?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Sep 26 08:16:53 PDT 2008

On 23 Sep 2008, Tomasz Chmielewski told this:
> I think I will buy these cards then (to be installed in a multseat
> workstation):
>
> - AGP: Radeon 9250, 256 MB RAM, user 1, to be used as dual head ("mirror")
> - PCI: Radeon 9250, 128 MB RAM, user 2
>
> Any good/bad experiences with these, or any other remarks?

For what it's worth, I have a 9250 (ATI Technologies Inc RV280 [Radeon
9200 PRO]) and it works fine: 3D works as well I could expect on a
machine of this age, glxgears showing 1775 fps @ 50% CPU consumption on
a 1250MHz Athlon 4.

--
`Not even vi uses vi key bindings for its command line.' --- PdS