Problem with Xdialog/Firefox and different Xorg versions

George Wright gwright at cendio.se
Wed Sep 24 06:25:46 PDT 2008

On Tuesday 09 September 2008 13:29:27 Daniel Stone wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 10:50:51AM +0100, George Wright wrote:
> > Everything just works fine on most modern platforms, but trying to run
> > the thinclient server on Fedora Core 6 results in Xdialog not showing
> > fonts at all. Trying to launch Xdialog manually inside Xvnc results in a
> > very unhelpful error message "Floating point exception".
>
> The default is to use builtin fonts only; --disable-builtin-fonts for
> the server, I think, if you want to use core fonts.

It seems this didn't fix the issue. A little more delving into the problem
shows up the following:

"Could not init font path element built-ins, removing from list!"

A quick search brings up this:

https://issues.rpath.com/browse/RPL-1977?focusedCommentId=68325

Which seems to detail my issue perfectly. The issues I have only seem to be
present on Fedora Core 6, which still uses xfs, but the same build works fine
on other distributions which do not use xfs.

Was this change a deliberate one on the part of Xorg or is it a bug?

Regards,

George

--
George Wright, http://www.gwright.org.uk