Building X

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Sep 19 17:34:31 PDT 2008

Keith Packard wrote:

> Yes, I'm cool with the black root background; nicer looking, conforming
> to the spec and everything.

As a X user and occasional embedded programmer, might I suggest
something with a pattern?  Even if it's a X logo in the center, or just
a shapeless blob, or a row and column of white pixels. Anything that is
recognizable as the X root window.

I've displayed random areas of memory before because my hardware
framebuffer wasn't where I thought it was, and a black background was my
clue that something was really wrong.

Just my $0.01, what with the recession here in the US.

--Yan