xkbcomp broken - (EE) XKB: Couldn't compile keymap

Jeff Chua jeff.chua.linux at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 22:44:36 PDT 2008

This error shows up yesterday after updating xkbcomp to the latest git version.

(EE) Error compiling keymap (server-0)
(EE) XKB: Couldn't compile keymap
(WW) Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap

Bisected and reverting this commit fixed the problem. Without
reverting, functions keys will not work in fvwm.

37b62a26716d3abf2ae07dd88cf54bc04d980bd8 is first bad commit
commit 37b62a26716d3abf2ae07dd88cf54bc04d980bd8
Author: Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith at sun.com>
Date:   Fri Sep 5 14:22:33 2008 -0700

    Check for strdup & strcasecmp before assuming we need to provide our own

Thanks,
Jeff.