DRI2 Protocol Spec Draft

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Sep 8 18:38:15 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-08 at 17:58 -0400, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Keith talked me intro writing a spec for DRI2, which I grudgingly must
> admit is a good idea.  I used the randr spec as a template, except I
> replaced the flowery section dividers with a more fitting gears motif.
>  It's still a work in progress, mostly the introductory/background
> sections though.  The requests and wire encoding sections are mostly
> complete and is close to what's in the git repos at this point.  The
> implementation isn't fully uptodate with the spec yet, but I figured
> it would be wise to circulate the spec before doing more code churn,
> so here it is.

You probably don't need the sub-pixel ordering stuff :-)

Do you want a request to list the available DRI2 types?

I don't think we want the window position in the GetBuffers request,
that makes the buffers 'obviously' independent of position.

Oh, and some checking to make sure the remaining 'randr' wording is
cleaned up.

It would also be nice to see some additional description about how this
works with GEM.

keith.packard at intel.com