2.6.27-rc5 radeon kernel module can't load r300_dri.so - help?

Markus Strobl mstrobl2 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 8 14:39:22 PDT 2008

libGL is provided by Mesa, IIRC.

BR,
Markus

----- Original Message ----
From: Lars Oliver Hansen <lolh at ymail.com>
To: xorg at freedesktop.org
Sent: Monday, September 8, 2008 4:10:15 PM
Subject: 2.6.27-rc5 radeon kernel module can't load r300_dri.so - help?

Hello,

my glxinfo states libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib64/dri/r300_dri.so failed (/usr/lib64/dri/r300_dri.so: undefined symbol: _glapi_Dispatch)

I'm running kernel 2.6.27-rc5 with Ubuntu 8.04.1 (kernel 2.6.24-19-generic) environment. I let load drm and radeon modules from this rc5 kernel at boot. /dev/dri/card0 is present. I put the line 'Option "DRI" "true"' in my xorg.conf. I get the undefined symbol error as stated.

According to http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/DriTroubleshooting I would have to recompile the most recent libGL in case of undefined symbol errors. Now dri.freedesktop.org s hyperlink to libGL (some xc project on sourceforge) is unavailable and I didn't find a mention of libGL in the tree containg the zip files on a X.org mirror.

Which file(s) do I have to get fixed to get DRI working with my radeon driver? How would I get libGL? Which files would I have to compile to get a compatible r300_dri.so? What's the complete corresponding compile command?

I guessed you are the people who know about kernel driver modules, libGL and DRI. That's why I'm asking here. If I am wrong, forget me, Thank you otherwise!

Lars