Problem with 1.4.99.906 (1.5.0 RC 6)

Dean Loros autocrosser1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 22:26:38 PDT 2008

I'm running a up-to-date testing install of Ubuntu Intrepid & have run
into a interesting problem--namely that nVidia SLI won't work. In the
prior Ubuntu system (8.04--Hardy) I had no problems adding the Option
"SLI" "auto" to my section in xorg.conf & I thought that the same would
hold true for Intrepid. Instead, I get a Xserver fail with both devices
found but not tied with SLI.

I can provide xorg logs from both my normal Hardy install with a SLI
startup & the failure in Intrepid using the same xorg.conf. If there is
another way to enable SLI using the minimum conf file, please send me a
link.

Thanks!!

Ubuntu testing user
Dean Loros