Senior project ideas

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 07:20:38 PDT 2008

> I am good at learning new technologies very fast .... I have a lot of experience in C (and C++) ... am quite comfortable
> with system-level programming on Unix ... have always been interested in Linux/Unix on the desktop ... on't look very good as senior project ideas. ...This summer
> my boss asked me to learn JSP, and by the next week I had put together a massive custom tag library
Well, so ... ohm ... yes ... good for you :P ;)

Another idea would be to help driver projects, maybe implementing EXA
on some chipsets that aren't supported or have only poor support,
switching drivers to use GEM and adapt it to support more than just
intel.

> I don't want to barge in and dump a bunch of unwanted patches on you,
Well, those patches would most likely not be unwanted. There are many
long-standing issues and I guess you could make many guys quite happy
fixing those :)

Good luck, Clemens