RandR1.2 related patches for the siliconmotion driver

Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Tue Oct 28 11:41:03 PDT 2008

Francisco Jerez wrote:
> Hi,

> I'm attaching some patches with slight improvements to the RandR1.2
> implementation in the siliconmotion driver (already committed, but
> probably it would be a good thing if someone with different hardware
> than mine was interested on testing the dualhead modesetting code).

  I was making some experiments using a different approach to try to
have redimensionable virtual screen with XAA, but probably not worth
the work required, so I think it is better to use your patch, and
require a fixed size :-) (I was just thinking of not needing to
add options to xorg.conf and still using XAA as default...)

> The patches mainly fix video overlay and hardware cursor. I've written
> an incomplete Composite implementation to accelerate screen rotations,
> so I think it doesn't make sense anymore to keep shadowfb support, and
> I have removed it, and I have done some more clean up.

  I adapted the cursor code to the smi 501/502, and will make some more
tests with video. Then, I will apply some minor changes as a patch after
yours. Should do it still today...

Paulo