Disabling a specific mouse?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 08:49:48 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 4:17 AM, Simon Thum <simon.thum at gmx.de> wrote:
> Florian Echtler wrote:
>> What would be the easiest way to achieve this? I guess it might be
>> possible using the new Xinput, but I was hoping that there might also be
>> a solution using Udev or hotplug?
> That's the case. Dropping input devices from xorg.conf may be enough to
> get hotplug working. Then, you need to add a line like
>
> <merge key="input.x11_options.CorePointer" type="string">0</merge>
>
> in your hal fdi's to devices you want not move the cursor. You can also
> disable them completely but I'm unsure how.

I was doing this to disable HAL hotplugging for a device, but it still
meant that the device was being picked up in xorg.conf. I don't know
what's needed to completely disable X from picking up the extra mice.

<deviceinfo version="0.2">
  <device>
    <match key="info.product" contains="TrackPoint">
      <remove key="input.x11_driver"/>
    </match>
  </device>
</deviceinfo>