Disabling a specific mouse?

Sascha Hlusiak saschahlusiak at arcor.de
Thu Oct 23 08:13:40 PDT 2008

> However, there are now situations where two other mice are connected
> which should _not_ be used by X to control the core pointer (they are
> accessed through /dev/input/event* for some different purpose).
>
> What would be the easiest way to achieve this? I guess it might be
> possible using the new Xinput, but I was hoping that there might also be
> a solution using Udev or hotplug?
If the application that opens /dev/input/event* issues a EVIOCGRAB ioctl
on the device, the events should stop appearing in /dev/input/mice as well.

Or use hotplugging, like in the other message suggested.

Or specify the mouse individually, like /dev/input/mouse0,
/dev/input/mouse1...

Cheers,
Sascha