xorg fails to start when using correct busids in device sections, logs included

Tiago Vignatti vignatti at c3sl.ufpr.br
Wed Oct 22 08:11:14 PDT 2008

Jelle de Jong escreveu:
> Does this mean the only way to get an multi-card system working with
> newer software is with either the old pci vga only cards or with NON
> randr 1.2 compliant drivers like the close source nvidia drivers. I have
> a test system here with four radeonhd based devices and I can only get
> the first device to work all other devices do not work!

No. Now, if your Xorg is >= 7.4 then you won't get a multi-card system.
Even with an "old pci vga only" card, it will not work.

Randr 1.2 compliant drivers will help when you have a single-card with
multiple outputs (and yes, I know that a bunch of nvidia cards are
working with the open source nouveau driver).

> btw. I did try the mdm0.0.3-livecd.iso but it does not work on my system
> it keeps trowing messages that the user is not authoritative or
> something like that.

Please, post the full log here.

Cheers,

--
Tiago Vignatti
C3SL - Centro de Computação Científica e Software Livre