Embedded X

Amit pundiramit at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 00:16:22 PDT 2008

Thank you all for your inputs.

I built x-server with kdrive enabled as Mikhail and Kamalneet suggested.
I used the Xorg 7.2 release. It did build up successfully but with so
many extensions enabled [:(] which I'm not sure whether I will be
using or not.

So, now I'm trying to customize my build configuration and choose
relevant extensions only i.e extensions which my GTK+ framework will
depend upon or use.

I have a couple of questions:

1. I found two packages on maemo repository namely "Xorg" and "X-server".
What is the difference between the two? I thought both are same.

Additionally there is "--enable-xorg" configure option available while
building Xorg-server. What is the usage of that.

2. Can someone please explain me the usage of:
--disable-glx, --enable-xgl, --enable-xglx, --enable-xegl

My motive is to enable OPEN GL ES backend for EGL on X. Which option
do I have to use? By default it enables OPENGL backend while I need
OPENGL ES extension.

3. I checked GTK+ configure options and it supports xkb, xinerama and
xinput extensions. So, I will be enabling "tslib, xcalibrate, kdrive,
xinput, xkb, xinerama and opengl es" options.
Please tell me other useful options, if any, which I need to enable
for my GTK+/X11 implementation on OMAP3?

Thanks for your concern.

PS. Yes, I'm not using uClibc. I'm using glibc.

Regards
Amit Pundir