Looking for registers reference for Oak OTI64111 (Spitfire)

Volodymyr Buell vbuell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 02:49:10 PDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 3:28 AM, Alex Villací­s Lasso
<a_villacis at palosanto.com> wrote:
> Recently I dug up a very old graphics card, an Oak Spitfire OTI-64111 by
> Oak Technologies. After looking up information for it in Google, I found
> that there is no specific driver for xorg (although there are plenty of
> mirrors for windows drivers). I want to familiarize myself with graphics
> driver programming, and I thought that writing the xorg driver for Oak
> 64111 would be a good way to get some practice with xorg driver
> development. However, I have had a hard time digging up register
> references for this particular video card. Does anybody here know of any
> documentation about the Oak 64111 (register references and such) that
> could be useful to write a driver for this card?

You may check VGADoc by Finn Thoegersen:
http://members.fortunecity.com/paspago/docs/vgadoc4b.zip

It holds some information of OTI-O107 - this is another Spitfire
chipset which can have the same registers... As far I know there no
other documents of OAK chipsets (correct me if I'm wrong), so another
way is to reverse a BIOS dump of your card...

--
Thanks,
Volodymyr