Does touchpads have buttons?

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Tue Oct 7 23:49:12 PDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 11:48:14PM +0200, Søren Hauberg wrote:
> Okay, just wasn't sure if I missed anything. I had a little time to
> test today, and things didn't work that well for me. I tried using the
> parameters (min_x, max_x, ...) that worked with my original patches,
> and evtouch, and they did not provide a good calibration. I wasn't
> able to track down the problem, so I don't really know what to report.
> I'm guessing that the problem is that both evtouch and my suggested
> changes scaled the output to [0, 1023] x [0, 1023], which isn't what
> happens in the current code path.

Right, there is one piece missing from the current code path and that's the
double-scaling.
Your code scaled from device->min/max and then let the server scale to
whatever the axes were set up. This part is missing, assuming that the
correct min/max is defined at startup already.

I'd like to avoid the double-scaling, but i'm not 100% sure on how to do it
yet.

Cheers,
  Peter