Does touchpads have buttons?

Søren Hauberg hauberg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 14:48:14 PDT 2008

2008/10/7 Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net>:
>> Did you actually apply these two patches? They don't appear when I
>> checkout git, but perhaps I'm looking at the wrong branch or
>> something.
>
> no, not yet. You said you're going to get some more face-time with the
> touchscreen so I was hoping you'd give me some testing feedback.

Okay, just wasn't sure if I missed anything. I had a little time to
test today, and things didn't work that well for me. I tried using the
parameters (min_x, max_x, ...) that worked with my original patches,
and evtouch, and they did not provide a good calibration. I wasn't
able to track down the problem, so I don't really know what to report.
I'm guessing that the problem is that both evtouch and my suggested
changes scaled the output to [0, 1023] x [0, 1023], which isn't what
happens in the current code path. But as I said, I wasn't able to
track down the problem in the short amount of time I had. Hopefully,
I'll get more time with the touch screen in the near future, but I'm
not sure when.

Søren