xf86-video-intel (2.4.2) and support for Focus FS454

Stefan /*St0fF*/ Hübner stefan.huebner at stud.tu-ilmenau.de
Mon Oct 6 11:04:02 PDT 2008

Hello list,

I've got a system here which consists of Intel 830CGC and a focus fs454
chip to produce TV-output.  Is there any way of making this work on a
relatively current linux?  I'm asking this as I could not make
successful use of the IEGD-suites available from Intel a.t.m.

How could the fs454 be made usable with the 2.4.2 version? (I've seen
some sub-modules for other chips that seem to have the same purpose)

Is support planned?

Would Intel help?

Thanks for any answers in advance and have a nice day,
Stefan /*St0fF*/ Huebner

P.S.: all my systems run gentoo-testing, except the i830 system, which
is planned to use stable gentoo.  The stable system shall be serving as
homeserver, videoplayer, DSL gateway and access point all at once to
save energy...