Mouse button problems using Logitech NX80

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 16:35:02 PST 2008

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 9:41 PM, Matija Šuklje <matija.suklje at rutka.net> wrote:
> Hullo,
>
> For my birthday I got a Logitech NX80 mouse and I'm having problems setting it
> up on X.
>
> What I found out about the mouse:
> - wireless
> - laser (resolution: 1000)
> - has standard left and right mouse buttons — buttons 1 and 3 as usual
> - wheel has two speeds/tractions which are triggered by pressing the wheel —
> buttons 4 and 5 as usual
> - wheel can tilt and therefore scroll horizontally — buttons 7 and 6 (yes,
> they're inverted!)
> - pressing the wheel changes the (mechanical) speed of the wheel — button 2 is
> missing
> - there are two additional buttons on the far right front corner — buttons 8
> and 9

One thing I forgot to mention is that normally these side buttons are
used for forward and back in a web browser (or similar application). I
forget what the kernel calls them (you can test with evtest on the
console), but in firefox 3 buttons 8 and 9 should move you forward and
backwards in your history. Obviously, you can remap them to whatever
you want, but that is the original intention.

--
Dan