xf86-video-intel-2.5.0 is slow

Vasily Khoruzhick anarsoul at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 02:54:58 PST 2008

On Tuesday 04 November 2008 11:52:15 you wrote:
> Mesa 7.2 is not enough for GEM to work. You need latest git.
>
> Grab dri2proto, drm(for libdrm only, not linux-core), mesa, and
> xf86-video-intel for GEM enabled kernel.
> Also make sure You have xserver-xorg-core 1.5.x (with EXA method as UXA is
> still a bit buggy and needs dri2)
>
> Do this if You dont plan to use blender, there are still some bugs, only
> compiz and desktop acceleration works well.
>
> 2008/11/4 Vasily Khoruzhick <anarsoul at gmail.com>
>
> > Btw, are you sure that 3D should work OK on gem-enabled kernel with
> > non-gem mesa? Because with non-gem kernel I have no problems with 3D

So, you mean that I can't get 3D with gem-enabled kernel and non-gem mesa? I
don't want any fancy dri2-things, just old mature dri :)

The thing is that in 2.6.27 irda subsystem is broken, and sane patches to fix
it exists only for 2.6.28... So I tried to use 2.6.28 RCs... So, ok, I'll
rollback to 2.6.26 kernel :)