xf86-video-intel-2.5.0 is slow

Mateusz Kaduk mateusz.kaduk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 01:52:15 PST 2008

Mesa 7.2 is not enough for GEM to work. You need latest git.

Grab dri2proto, drm(for libdrm only, not linux-core), mesa, and
xf86-video-intel for GEM enabled kernel.
Also make sure You have xserver-xorg-core 1.5.x (with EXA method as UXA is
still a bit buggy and needs dri2)

Do this if You dont plan to use blender, there are still some bugs, only
compiz and desktop acceleration works well.