Multi{pointer,touch} & Userspace

Florian Echtler floe at butterbrot.org
Sat Nov 1 02:55:56 PDT 2008

> > Known to be unbelievable overkill, yes.  Not to mention that you cannot
> > do parsing of anything other than a full document, so a single pointer
> > movement blows out to:
> .... long verbose xml elided....
> My motivation is that touch devices can provide much more complex data
> than devices we've had to deal with in the past (up to and including
> full images), that may need multiple levels of interpretation (depending
> on the sophistication of the targeted application).
Please allow me to steer the conversation back to the original topic. As
mentioned before, the question whether the format is XML or not is
basically just one of which iostream class you use..

My original intention in posting all of this was rather to ask if the
_concepts_ described here [1] make sense to you from a window-system
viewpoint.

[1] http://tisch.wiki.sourceforge.net/EventProtocol

Thanks, Yours, Florian