EXA and MigrationHeuristic

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Thu May 29 06:20:24 PDT 2008

> Without this heuristic firefox 3 is so slow on unaccelerated drivers
> any normal user will just dump his video card or Linux (page load
> times measured in seconds with CPU pegged at 100% and not every user
> has multicore hardware). So keeping the current default won't win you
> anything except lost users. It's not bad it's catastrophic

But after all, isn't this the responsibility of the distributors?
People which compile themself should be able to disable "always"
heuristics easily, everybody else will use ditributor-compiled
binaries anyway.

Although I experienced terrible EXA performance with
Fedora8+Intel-2.1.1 on my 945GM, its now quite acceptable on
FC9+stock-drivers.

lg Clemens