Radeon: random bits of pixmaps with XAA, fixed with EXA

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Mon May 26 09:46:59 PDT 2008

Running Debian's xserver-xorg-video-ati version 1:6.8.0-1 on AMD64 on
a radeon 9600, I'm occasionally seeing random bits of pixmaps in
Firefox windows.  This is fixed by setting

        Option          "AccelMethod" "EXA"

in my config file.  (Thanks to Julien for suggesting that.)

I understand that nobody is much interested in fixing XAA, which is
why I'm not providing any further details.

I'm wondering if the time hasn't come to make EXA the default...

                                        Juliusz