radeon driver: bug

Jethro Tull heavytull at hotmail.com
Thu May 22 12:56:01 PDT 2008

I updated my system some days ago, i'm now using radeon driver
Module radeon: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        compiled for 1.4.0.90, module version = 4.3.0

I can switch off the screen backlight by pressing Fn+F4, I usually do that when i'm off for some time and don't want to switch of the pc.
I noticed the computer was completely crashing when just after i switch back on the backlight I press again Fn key for some other purpose (for exemple to switch on wifi). The computer crashes at the time i press Fn without any other key.
The crash is as follows: the screen become black but with backlight on. I cannot do anything, even Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't help. So I cannot have a backtrace of the bug. I just press the ON/OFF button for some seconds to start again the computer.

All new Live Search at Live.com

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000006ukm/direct/01/