radeon 9000 (rv250) dvi 1920x1200 troubles

Andre Puschmann andre.puschmann at stud.tu-ilmenau.de
Wed May 14 13:40:46 PDT 2008

Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 4:08 PM, Andre Puschmann
> <andre.puschmann at stud.tu-ilmenau.de> wrote:
>> Alex Deucher wrote:
>>  > On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Andre Puschmann
>>  > <andre.puschmann at stud.tu-ilmenau.de> wrote:
>>  >> Hey guys,
>>  >>
>>  >>  sorry for waisting this thread again.
>>  >>  Unfortunately, I am still having problems with permanently adding the
>>  >>  configuration to the Xorg settings.
>>  >>
>>  >>  I added the modeline to my xorg.conf and also set "PreferredMode" but it
>>  >>  doesn't work. I also tried to disable DDC (at the display and at xorg.conf).
>>  >>
>>  >>  However, I am still getting something like this:
>>  >>
>>  >>  (**) RADEON(0): Option "PreferredMode" "1920x1200"
>>  >>  (WW) RADEON(0): Option "PreferredMode" is not used
>>  >>
>>  >>
>>  >>  Any hints?
>>  >
>>  > You'll have to add the option and modeline to the monitor section
>>  > associated with the output in question since your card supports
>>  > multiple outputs.  see this page for more info:
>>  > http://www.intellinuxgraphics.org/dualhead.html
>>
>>  Ah, I see.
>>  That works excellent, except the fact that I have to disable the
>>  internal output manually using "xrandr --output LVDS --off".
>>
>>  I am not sure If it is possible switch between two settings.
>>  - Laptop standalone with no external monitor
>>  - Laptop with external monitor, Laptop display switched off
>
> you can add:
> Option "Disable" "TRUE"
> to the monitor section for LVDS if you don't want the LVDS to be on by default.
> Alternatively, you can set the following option:
> Option "IgnoreLidStatus" "FALSE"
> which will use the acpi /proc lid status to to decide whether to
> enable LVDS or not.  Note, the acpi bioses are broken on many systems
> so YMMV.

I tried both options. But they don't work.
I used to have a small shell script on my desktop which did the trick
with the lvds when there was a DVI connected.

At the moment it seems ok for me to refurbish that one.

But maybe I spent some more time later on this topic.

Anyways, thanks very much Alex.

Best regards,

	Andre