X.org on embedded platforms - no PCI ?

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Tue Mar 25 10:23:51 PDT 2008

Hi!
  I'm forwarding a question from my colleague. I'm sorry that I don't have
exact symptoms (X server logs etc.), but I hope that there may be a general
answer.
  My colleague is developing Linux installation on an embedded platform with
PXA270 chipset. The text mode is fully functional, as well as the framebuffer
(pxafb). However, he is not able to get X to run, I was said that "it complains
that the PCI bus is missing". I don't know, whether it's during compile time
(missing pci headers) or during run time.
  Is there a special configure flag to disable PCI, or how this problem can be
solved ?
  With regards, Pavel Troller