[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.2.99.901

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 14:17:31 PDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 8:51 PM, Zhenyu Wang <zhenyu.z.wang at intel.com> wrote:

>  Here's the first rc for xf86-video-intel 2.3 release. The most noteable
>  thing is xvmc branch got merged, and it currently supports XvMC MC hardware
>  decode on 915/945/G33 chipsets(i965 hardware decode is still under work,
>  and would be in next release though). And we have also fixed several Xv
>  relate issues, and with bunch of bug fixes as usual.
>
>  Please test for any regressions, and send feedback to us. Thanks!

<SNIP all the awesomeness>

Thank you everyone for all your hard work.  I've been preaching Intel
[integrated chipset] a lot lately to anyone that might listen and how
they are so much better than they used to be, as good/better than
nvidia in the HTPC market, etc etc, and I think you guys are doing a
great job of making me correct :D  I'm really looking forward to the
work going into the G35 stuff, especially the h.264 possibility.

Thanks again!

-Chad