[RFC] Randr 1.3 feature - get property

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Mon Mar 10 11:56:34 PDT 2008

On Mar 10, 08 11:42:02 -0700, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Monday, March 10, 2008 11:37 am Matthias Hopf wrote:
> > > Actually, you should be able to use sizeof(crtc struct) as a check now
> > > that we've changed it.  And going forward you can just check
> > > crtc->version.
> >
> > I said run-time check. You're talking about a compile time check, for
> > that the macro RANDR_13_INTERFACE is sufficient.
>
> Oh right, yeah sizeof() is only good for compile time.
>
> Patch looks fine to me, I guess it means we can get rid of the structure
> version fields too?

No, wouldn't say so. I guess the version fields are better.
This is just a kludge. OTOH, your milage may vary :)

I'll commit the patch once I've compile tested it.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg   (_   | |  (_   |__          mat at mshopf.de