[RFC] Randr 1.3 feature - get property

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Mon Mar 10 11:37:53 PDT 2008

On Mar 10, 08 10:23:53 -0700, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> > > One possible way would be to let xf86CrtcScreenInit() return the version
> > > number instead of a Bool. That would even be backward compatible.

Actually, xf86CrtcConfigInit() would be the natural choice, but that
returns void unfortunately.

> > I'd be ok with that, do you want to hack up the change or should I?  The
> > driver changes should be pretty trivial...

Actually, no driver change is necessary at first, only if some driver
wants to remain backward compatible. Heck, I don't even know whether we
want to do that with radeonhd, but I want to be able to if I wish.

Please check the attached patch, it should do the trick. I'll commit if
you agree that this is fine. My buildsystem is currently not in a state
to build master, but that'll hopefully change over night so I can build
verify tomorrow. :-/

> Actually, you should be able to use sizeof(crtc struct) as a check now that
> we've changed it.  And going forward you can just check crtc->version.

I said run-time check. You're talking about a compile time check, for
that the macro RANDR_13_INTERFACE is sufficient.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg   (_   | |  (_   |__          mat at mshopf.de