[ANNOUNCE] xtrans 1.1

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Fri Mar 7 15:20:00 PST 2008

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 03:03:06PM -0800, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> I certainly wouldn't be sad to see it go if no one today needs libraries
> built with IPv6 support to run on libc's without it - certainly I don't,
> as my OS always has it in libc on releases since IPv6 support was added.

The problem here is that the current approach breaks HP-UX.

The question is whether xtrans should work in both kind of environments
-- in that case the using package is responsible for building it with
either IPv6 support or without. The other option is to make xtrans get a
--enable-inet6 / --disable-inet6 option and conditionally patch a macro
into Xtranssock.c.

Joerg