[ANNOUNCE] xtrans 1.1

Fri Mar 7 15:03:06 PST 2008

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> Attached patches:
> - fix conditional for HP/UX and do not define weak in6addr_any
>
> I am not aware of any system with IPv6 support and no in6addr_any.
> It does mean that ipv6 support has to be disabled explicitly if the
> headers exist but libc has been built without support. If that is
> considered a problem, the code path should be disabled explicitly via
> autoconf test.

That was introduced by David Dawes in XFree86 shortly after the original
IPv6 patches landed - you'd have to check their archives for the full
details, but as I recall it was for one of the BSD distros who had IPv6
as optional, and didn't want to have to build different binaries for
users with IPv6-enabled libc and with IPv6-disabled libc.

I certainly wouldn't be sad to see it go if no one today needs libraries
built with IPv6 support to run on libc's without it - certainly I don't,
as my OS always has it in libc on releases since IPv6 support was added.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com