multiseat with xserver 1.4.0

Eugene roginovicci at nm.ru
Thu Mar 6 11:20:44 PST 2008

On Thursday 06 March 2008 07:20:34 Peter Hutterer wrote:
> Eugene wrote:
> > Having new feature added (autodetection with Hal/Dbus) I have lost the
> > multi-seat configuration here. Using Xorg 7.1 it was qute easy to
> > configure system with both X servers running (Seat0 and Seat1) at the
> > same time. These was using double set of video, keyboards and mice, so
> > there was two fully functionality working places. Input devices was
> > separated with evdev driver. Now it seems that evdev hav only one Option
> > left - Option "Device" all other (like Option "Phys" Option "Name") are
> > gone. It seems that detection of what input device is goes through Hal
> > daemon. That's would be fine, but there is one big trouble I can't
> > resolve without your help. How could I force Seat0 layout X server to
> > work with only one keyboard at the time with autodetection on. Is there
> > option in Hal configuration file I can adjust to Xserver understood that
> > with the define layout (Seat0) it should use Keyboard1 and for other
> > layout (Seat1) it would be using only Keyboard2. This is option in server
> > layout section      InputDevice "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard". But Using
> > auto detection I can't say which is Keyboard1. Is it possible multiseat
> > whit autodetection?
>
> your best option ATM is to disable hotplugging. In your server layout
> specify
>
> Option "AutoAddDevices" "False"
>
> Cheers,
>    Peter

Thanx Peter! But. Yep, Already did it. Actually the question is how to use
autodetection (Option "AutoAddDevices" "True") and separate keyboards for
different Xorg layouts at ? Is there alternative to use multiseat with
autodetection turned off? I'd like to use autodetection and multiseat at the
time. Is it possible?