Color Management [was: GSoC CM collaboration]

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Thu Mar 6 02:32:19 PST 2008

Am 06.03.08, 13:02 +1100 schrieb Graeme Gill:

> Harald Braumann wrote:
>  >  If a window is displayed on multiple
> > outputs, either in full or partially, I would also expect it to be
> > colour corrected on each output. Now I'm not sure if that is at all
> > possible with the current architecture, as the window would have to be
> > rendered independently for each output, but it sure would be nice.
> > Anyway, you couldn't achieve this at the application level.
>
> Yes, that's the desired result. Yes you can achieve it at the application
> level, if the application is responsible for rendering the different bits
> on different windows (response to exposure events). The trend is away from
> such an arrangement though, with such details now being taken care of by a
> compositing engine. This is probably a good thing, because many application
> writers can't be bothered implementing such things properly.

How would the compositing engine call to the application in order to talk
about profile linking and according region association?
Eigther a application or toolkit handles this with much effort, or
the composite manager does thits with the same effort, just once for all.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management