Usb-hid keyboard not working with linux 2.6.24.2 and latest Xorg

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Mar 4 05:59:44 PST 2008

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 07:06:53AM -0600, Pat Kane wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Seb James <seb at esfnet.co.uk> wrote:
> >  The problem is that I have no keyboard response. The keyboard is a usb
> >  keyboard - the hardware I am using has no ps/2 socket.
>
> Here is an interesting line from your log:
>
>    (WW) Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap
>
> in another l.f.o  thread someone said:

This normally causes lack of ability to VT switch, et al.  There was a
bug up until last night (well, this morning) European time that would
cause this to _also_ kill your keyboard completely.  It should be fine
now though, but you really want to install xkeyboard-config to
$datadir/X11/xkb.

Cheers,
Daniel