xorg 7.3.1 ?

Russell Whitaker russ at ashlandhome.net
Mon Mar 3 16:37:30 PST 2008

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Daniel Stone wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 01:29:59AM +0000, Sergio Monteiro Basto wrote:
>> Since we have a Xorg 7.4 release plan
>> shouldn't we release Xorg 7.3.1 before,
>
> Not really.

[..]
> ...  We don't have the manpower to maintain two
> primary development branches, ...

Not true. Depends on your priorities. Is it "the latest and greatest"
or somthing that "just works"?  Microsoft has lots of manpower and they
still produce bad code.

Take a close look at gcc.org. It appears to me that they are about the
same size as Xorg and I think they are doing a much better job.

(X crashed here this am and now refuses to work. I'm pissed.)

    Russ